GIFs that sum up moving on September 1 in Boston
13. Finally, you've arrived at the apartment you signed a lease for in June.
12. You've somehow tricked your friends into helping you move. Be cool and buy them beer and dinner afterward.
11. You reserved a moving truck way ahead of time, right?
10. Not a problem, you can probably still get a truck in Canada.
9. OK, truck found. Good luck finding a parking spot to unload.
8. Do you bring the heavy stuff in first or last?
7. Communication is key
6. Did you bring any presents for your new roommates?
5. Avoid Comm Ave if you can
4. Seriously, what are you trying to do with all these moving vans around town?
3. Don't be tempted by the Allston Christmas presents on the sidewalk.
2. Multiple trips are for suckers.
1. Time to put together furniture. Good luck!
For those moving to dorms
21. Its the moment youve been waiting all summer for! Youve packed up weeks ago!
20. You've got all your stuff and you know to avoid Storrow and Memorial Drive.
19. But you're stuck in traffic
18. It's so crowded
17. Racing to get to the room before your roommate so you dont have to get the squeaky bed
16. But you walk into your room and you immediately...
You tell yourself you'll get used to it.
15. Then you notice it's a little cramped
14. You snagged a dolly and have to delicately navigate your things through the narrow hallways
13. Did you forget something and need to make a stop at Target? Good luck with that.
12. When you get a glimpse at some of the attractive people living in your dorm
11. But then you see that person you went to high school with who you didnt know but suddenly wants to become your friend
10. You spot desperate people trying to make it to the elevator
9. You get a glimpse at the shared bathrooms
8. Your RA tries to welcome you
7. Then it's time for the awkward meeting with the roommate and his or her parents
6. And you might end up becoming best friends
5. Or maybe youll just sort of co-exist quietly
4. Youre all moved in and then your parents start crying in public
3. But as youre standing there hugging them goodbye, something stirs deep inside you
And you realize that you're going to be on your own for the first time in your life.
2. But the feeling passes
1. Its cramped, it smells, everything is old, but its your new home.