24 lessons for college students from movies set in Boston
24. Fenway makes for a magical first date
23. But it's tough to date outside your college.
22. There are dire consequences for dumping someone
21. Standing out from a crowd pays off
20. Getting into an intellectual pissing match can pay off if you know what youre talking about
19. The hallway chalkboard is better than a study room if youre an undiscovered genius
18. Have a sense of humor
17. You probably havent really been in love yet, so have fun while you can.
16. Teddy bears make great best friends, even for grown ups.
15. Getting wasted is actually when you have a hankering for ice cream.
14. You can still get rich if you don't finish college
13. Sometimes (okay a lot of times) the truth hurts.
12. You might discover or strengthen your passionate beliefs
11. And that might rub some the wrong way
10. It's OK to make mistakes
9. And you'll probably make a bunch of sweeping overgeneralizations
8. Because you're young
7. And your parents love you
6. You will stress out
5. And feel like the whole world is against you
4. Stay optimistic
3. Get out there and see it all
2. Just be confident
1. If you set your mind to it, you can be whoever you want to be. And nobody can stop you.
Movie: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Moving into Boston can be a bewildering, exhausting, and frustrating experience. Check out more online coverage honoring the annual influx of student bodies.