Sections of I-93 north and southbound in Boston will be closed for median barrier replacement work Friday night and throughout this weekend, resulting in overnight and off-peak temporary lane closures, according to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.
The construction will occur on I-93 north and southbound between Southampton Street and the Savin Hill/Neponset Circle area.
Here’s when to expect lane closures:
Friday, June 15, to Saturday, June 16:
- Single lane closures from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday.
- Double lane closures from 11 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Single lane closures from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday.
Saturday, June 16, to Sunday, June 17:
- Single lane closures 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday.
- Double lane closures from 11 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday.
- Single lane closures from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday.
Sunday, June 17, to Monday, June 18
- Single lane closures from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday.
- Double lane closures from 11 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
The schedule for this work is weather dependent and subject to change. For more information, visit mass511.com for live traffic updates.