We gave the bathroom its due attention in our January/February Selections, for which Victoria Smith, Jeff Demers and Kathy Jackson, and Judith Whalen furnished imagined vanity spaces around their favorite bathroom sink. In the process, sinks got stuck on our brains. We found one design especially covetable — the Clip Rondo from Porcelanosa. Here are my picks of accessories for the sleek round beauty.
1. Try using any large mirror (this on measures 40 by 40 inches) behind the sink, even in a small powder room for an spectacularly simple look – Upton Mirror, $299; Pottery Barn.
2. Spark some jealousy with a gorgeous mosaic with interlocking deep blue and spunky green – Hex Circle in tanzanite and chrysoberyl; Ann Sacks.
3. A refreshing scent like peppermint will get the day started – Peppermint Bar Soap, $10; (Malin+Goetz).
4. An octopus hook for hanging eight things, one on each arm – Eight-Arms Hook, $48; Anthropologie.
5. The perfect simple shape and shiny surface make this basin a showstopper – Clip Rondo; Porcelanosa, Boston Design Center.
6. A little something to spark a spa-like atmosphere – Hand-Painted Dotted Candle Pot, $8; West Elm.
7. We usually prefer live plants, but the icy vibe of this this faux aloe it irresistible as a winter accent – 12-inch Aloe Plant with Pot, $14.99; DownEast Basics.
8. Not quite belonging in a vanity vignette, let’s hop over to the shower to admire the simplicity of this industrial-inspired temperature control valve – R.W. Atlas Thermostatic Control Valve Trim with Metal Wheel Handles; Waterworks.
9. Simple, white, luxurious bath towels will always be blissful. These are Egyptian cotton terry with a choice of colored piping – Matouk Cairo Bath Towel, $54; Matouk, and available at Bloomingdale’s.