Another New England summer is upon us, which means it’s time to fill up the calendar with outdoor events.
Whether you prefer hiking, camping, hitting the beach, slurping down clams at a seaside shack, or relaxing under the stars in front of a movie, there’s certainly no lack of warm-weather entertainment in the Boston area.
Here are a few suggestions:
- For those who want to lace up and get lost in nature, head to one of these 15 hiking spots located within an hour of Boston or one of these 18 beautiful hiking trails in Massachusetts.
- If soaking up the rays is more your thing, check out these 11 beaches you can get to via public transportation and the sandy spots in our Massachusetts beach guide.
- Those looking for an overnight adventure can check out the 31 Massachusetts state parks where you can go camping and the different ways you can sleep in them (yurt, anyone?).
- When hunger strikes, picture this: kicking back along the New England coastline and devouring all the seafood you can handle at one of these 36 New England clam shacks.
- When your belly is full, you can grab a blanket and settle in for one of the following 53 free outdoor movies by moonlight taking place across Boston this summer. Or perhaps taking a drive is more your speed. Need inspiration? Here are 34 things to see and do while driving up the New England coast and 54 things to see and do while driving down the New England coast.
- Finally, and very specifically, you can plan a whale-centric road trip this summer by visiting some of the 38 stops along the Massachusetts Whale Trail.