The holidays are a great time to come together, even if it’s just virtually.
Plenty of familiar faces, like Mayor Marty Walsh, Gov. Charlie Baker, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, and Patriots coach Bill Belichick, recited couplets from the classic Christmas poem “A Visit from St. Nicholas” — better known as “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” — for a holiday performance with Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops Orchestra.
Other than local politicians and football coaches, the video also features a handful of surprise celebrities and a bevy of Boston-based creatives, entrepreneurs, athletes, and doctors. Watch the clip shared with Boston.com below:
In case you were wondering, here’s a complete list of all the other cameos in the video:
- Actor Billy Porter
- Film composer John Williams
- Businessman and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg
- TV personality Maury Povich and journalist Connie Chung
- Massachusetts attorney general Maura Healey
- Local restaurateurs Ming Tsai and Joanne Chang
- Former Red Sox left fielder Jim Rice and former Patriots linebacker Andre Tippett
- Former WBZ co-anchor and current pastor Reverend Liz Walker
- Boston Red Sox and Boston Globe Media owners John and Linda Henry
- Co-owner of Jordan’s Furniture Eliot Tatelman
- Local authors Ben and Tonya Mezrich
- BSO conductors Andris Nelsons and Thomas Wilkins
- Boston Ballet principal dancer Lia Cirio
- Massachusetts General Hospital doctors David Brown and Wendy Macias-Konstantopoulos
- Local pilot Heather Buxton
The poem recital is part of a new premium holiday stream from Boston Pops, which is skipping its regular holiday concerts because of the pandemic. Instead, the orchestra is offering an online stream featuring new performances at Fenway Park and Symphony Hall for $30.
Get Boston.com's browser alerts:
Enable breaking news notifications straight to your internet browser.