Following a snow-starved season that can only be described as dismal, New England ski resorts have begun peppering the preseason with a selection of lift ticket deals in the hopes of drumming up early interest. Here are some of the deals to hop on now.
– Attitash and Wildcat are currently holding a “Winter White Sale,” selling midweek, non-holiday tickets for the 2012-13 season for $30. Tickets can be purchased online or by phone (888-SKI-WILD) and are non-refundable. The sale runs through Sept. 30.
– Speaking of Wildcat and Attitash, the New Hampshire resorts are also included in Liftopia’s Ski Season Kickoff Sale, with pre-purchased tickets as low as $9, depending on dates selected.
Here’s the lowdown for New England resorts:
86 percent off single day lift tickets at Wildcat, starting at $9
86 percent off single day lift tickets at Attitash, starting at $9
63 percent off single day lift tickets at Burke Mountain, starting at $25
57 percent off single day lift tickets at Ski Ward, starting at $12
44 percent off single day lift tickets at Suicide Six, starting at $24
42 percent off single day lift tickets at Lost Valley, starting at $13.99
41 percent off single day lift tickets at Saddleback, starting at $35
40 percent off 2-day lift tickets at Gunstock, starting at $38
36 percent off 2-day lift tickets at Stratton, starting at $103.99
23 percent off 2-day lift tickets at Jay Peak, starting at $99
– Beginning on Friday at noon, winter enthusiasts can get up to 40 percent off winter season rates at TopNotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vt. Midweek visits start at $139, while weekend rates start at $209 and will be available for travel dates between Dec. 1 and April 7, 2013. The sale ends Sept. 17. See for www.topnotchresort.com for complete details.
– Ah, to be young. Among some of the more intriguing preseason passes currently for sale is Sugarbush’s For20s pass, which applies to skiers and riders ages 19-29, and is available through Sept. 12 for $310. Bretton Woods and Cranmore Mountain have also teamed up for a new combo, midweek pass this season. The pass is valid Sunday-Friday, with holiday blackout rates for $499 through Nov. 30.
– Sunday River and Sugarloaf are offering a free lift ticket to anyone who attends a showing of Teton Gravity Research’s new film, “Dream Factory.” Dates vary. See site for details.
Know of any other preseason deals? Shoot us a line.