By Halloween some resorts will have tested their snowmaking systems, the others at least thought about it. Being first to open in the East carries some clout. If you own a pass, days operational is stat to heed. The shotgun start is November 1st
photo from RSN
In alphabetical order from Ski Vermont ~ S.G. line
• Ascutney, 11/25 ~ added 100 new snow guns for this season…air?
• Bolton Valley, 11/25 – the new lift won’t be done until Dec
• Burke, 12/10 ~ Safe money
• Killington, 11/11 – may have a race on their hands from a neighbor to the South
• Mad River Glen, 12/10 ~ Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…
• Middlebury, 12/10 – whenever, their in college
• Mount Snow, 11/19 ~ Optimist
• Okemo, 11/5 – Is this a typo?
• Pico, mid-Dec. ~ the 16th is a Friday.
• Smugglers’ Notch, 11/25 – ski off the turkey
• Stowe, 11/19 ~ Rock skis
• Stratton, 11/19 – could be?
• Sugarbush, 11/19 ~ 2nd tallest lift in the state
Hopefully they all shorted Mother Nature.
No Comments: sg added
• Bear Creek – Family time on Dec 9
• Bromley ~ soon, after Stratton
• Haystack – keep the fingers crossed
• Jay Peak ~ 4th in the state
• Magic – same day as Pico
• Maple Valley ~ 06/07?
Raise a beer,
To cold air!