The annual New England Whale Festival features exhibits promoting marine conservation and boater education, with onsite marine mammal scientists, kid's activities, free boat rides, and the debut of life-sized North Atlantic right whale, Delilah.
This free festival takes place rain or shine, is dog friendly, and just plain fun for everyone!
· Marine Debris Station - Come talk trash with us! Sift through the sand learn about the top culprits contributing to an unhealthy ocean and sign our #plasticpact
· Climb aboard the R/V Auk is the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary's 50ft, multi-purpose research vessel, and speak with representatives from the sanctuary.
· Bones and Baleen: Always a favorite, WDC has real whale baleen and bones for you to view and touch. Find out how big a whale rib really is - you may be surprised.
· Delilah, the Inflatable right whale: Delilah was a real North Atlantic right whale who died over 20 years ago. You can walk right into the inflatable replica of this famous whale and see her bones, baleen, blowholes, and lungs. Rocky, an inflatable right whale, will also be there.
· Right Whale Obstacle Course: The Right Whale Obstacle Course is an interactive activity for kids to learn about threats to the right whale population, and all whales on the east coast.
Saturday, June 22
Saturday, April 27