A fire in a Roxbury apartment building Saturday evening caused about $75,000 of damage and displaced nine people, Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said. The fire on Cedar Street was caused by an electrical short circuit in a first-floor ceiling fixture and spread to the second floor, said MacDonald. The department received a call about the fire at about 6 p.m., and firefighters put out the blaze after about 20 minutes, he said. There were no injuries, but the six adults and three children displaced by the fire were assisted by the Red Cross.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Stay Up-To-Date On Top Stories — Follow Boston.com Follow Us