Concord police are searching for a 24-year-old Bedford man they say went into a resident’s home, held him at knifepoint, and then demanded the victim drive him to various places in Western Massachusetts and southern Connecticut.
Julian Field is facing charges of armed home invasion, kidnapping, armed assault on a person 60 years old or older, armed assault in a dwelling, and burglary; armed; assault on occupants, according to police.
Around 3:45 a.m. Monday, police were called about the alleged home invasion that happened Sunday, officials said.
The victim told police that early Sunday evening, a man came into his home, held him at knifepoint, and forced him to drive him around.
Field was wanted in Bedford for a reported “disturbance” earlier on Sunday.
Around midnight, the suspect got out of the victim’s vehicle in New Haven, Connecticut, and the victim drove home to Concord and called police. He wasn’t injured.
While officials found a knife in the car, they believe Field should still be thought of as armed and dangerous. Field is thought to be in Connecticut or New York City.