Arrests made after 3 early morning fights at Encore Boston Harbor

Authorities responded to three incidents in less than an hour.

–Pat Greenhouse / The Boston Globe

Two people were arrested and a third will receive a summons from authorities following three early morning disturbances, all within an hour, at the Encore Boston Harbor casino in Everett on Monday, according to Massachusetts State Police.

Shortly after 2 a.m., the Massachusetts State Police Gaming Enforcement Unit was assisting with crowd control as people exited the Memoire nightclub when a fight “involving a large number of patrons erupted,” state police said in a statement.

“One person, Shani Mohamed Abo, 29, of Everett, was arrested and charged with assault, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest after he became uncooperative and combative with a club security officer and responding police officers,” officials said.


Not long after that, around 2:15 a.m., troopers and officers responded to another brawl among a large group of people in the hotel’s lobby, according to authorities.

There, troopers found Herby Charmant, 25, of Lynn, “who allegedly became involved in a verbal altercation with two women, then pushed one of them and grabbed her cell phone from her hand and threw it across the lobby,” officials said.

“Further investigation revealed that the suspect allegedly inappropriately touched one of the women,” authorities added.

Charmant was arrested and charged with indecent assault and battery, assault and battery, lewd and lascivious behavior, and disorderly conduct, police said.

Troopers responded to a third altercation on the casino’s gaming floor around 2:23 a.m., where they “quelled the disturbance and dispersed a group of people,” officials said.

A 26-year-old Lynn man, who police did not identify Monday, will be summonsed to court on an assault and battery charge, according to police.

Later, as police escorted people who were involved in disturbances off the property around 3 a.m., authorities found a 32-year-old Lynn man who was “highly intoxicated and continually yelling,” authorities said. He was taken into protective custody.

In a statement to Monday afternoon, a casino spokesperson said, “Encore’s in-house security team, in collaboration with local police and the (Encore Boston Harbor) state police unit, was able to quickly respond to and control the situation with no impact or disruption to other guests or operations.”