Before you head to a job interview, it’s good to be prepared and to make a checklist before meeting your next potential boss.
Well-prepped job-seekers might print out extra copies of their resume, make sure their interview clothes are clean and ironed, and maybe go over some practice interview questions.
But no matter how many prep drills you run, it’s pretty hard to anticipate being asked what to do with a plane filled with jelly beans or who would win in a superhero showdown.
Glassdoor reviewed tens of thousands of interview questions that candidates had to ponder over the past year. Here’s Glassdoor’s compilation of the “Top 10 Oddball Interview Questions.’’
1. “What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?’’
– Asked at Airbnb during safety investigator interview in Portland, Ore.
2. “What’s your favorite 90s jam?’’
-Asked at Squarespace during customer care interview in Portland, Ore.
3. “If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them how would you choose which ones to answer?’’
– Asked at Dropbox during dropbox rotation program interview, location unknown.
4. “Who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Batman?’’
– Asked at Stanford University during medical simulationist interview in Palo Alto, Calif.
5. “If you had a machine that produced $100 dollars for life what would you be willing to pay for it today?’’
– Asked at Aksia during research analyst interview in New York City.
6. “What did you have for breakfast?’’
– Asked at Banana Republic during sales associate interview in New York City.
7. “Describe the color yellow to somebody who’s blind.’’
– Asked at Spirit Airlines during flight attendant interview at Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
8. “If you were asked to unload a 747 full of jelly beans, what would you do?’’
– Asked at Bose during IT support management interview in Framingham.
9. “How many people flew out of Chicago last year?’’
– Asked at Redbox during software engineer II interview in Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
10. “What’s your favorite Disney princess?’’
– Asked at Cold Stone Creamery during crew member interview in Miami, Fla.