A Roxbury man was ordered held on $75,000 cash bail Wednesday on charges that he raped a young girl from the time she was 14 until she was 17 and sold her into prostitution.
A not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Tyrone Battle, 33, on one charge of aggravated rape of a child with force and trafficking a person under 18 for sexual servitude.
Suffolk Assistant District Attorney Michael Callahan said Battle allegedly met the victim at the Dudley Square MBTA station when the victim was 14 and had run away from home. Battle asked the girl questions, then allegedly took the girl to his mother’s home in Roxbury and raped her at gunpoint.
For the next tree years, Callahan said, Battle forced the girl to have sex with him at gunpoint and knifepoint or by threatening her with his fists. Battle also forced the girl to work as a prostitute, Callahan said, arranging encounters via phone party lines, posting online ads, and by forcing her to walk on Blue Hill Avenue.
Battle also allegedly forced the girl to have “dates’’ at his mother’s and grandmother’s homes, as well as in hotels. The girl was with Battle for three years, Callahan said.
Battle’s attorney, John Hayes, called the allegations “fantastic,’’ and said it was hard to believe that the girl could be forced to work in sexual servitude without her family knowing. Hayes also said that the girl had been texting Battle, at first lovingly, and then angrily threatening him. Hayes also said the girl has charges pending against her.
Battle’s mother and girlfriend attended the arraignment, and said they believe the allegations against Battle are false.
Battle has a lengthy criminal record and is currently on probation on federal gun charges. Battle also has an open case on charges of making threats for which bail was revoked Wednesday.