Local

Cutting Torch Causes Minor Fire at Boston Medical Center

Workers using a cutting torch in a building next to Boston Medical Center caused a minor fire this afternoon, letting smoke into the hospital’s Harrison Avenue entrance and second-floor cafeteria, according to the Boston Fire Department.

[fragment number=0]

[fragment number=1][fragment number=2]

An on-site fire detail quickly put out the flames, but rubber materials continued to smolder. Boston Medical Center staff began moving some patients as a precaution, but the smoke was cleared by Boston Fire and there were no injuries. After the hospital staff safely returned to the area, a food inspector was called to check what effect the smoke may have had on the cafeteria.

Advertisement:

Conversation

This discussion has ended. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com