2 Adults, 5 Juveniles Charged With Attacking Boston Police Officers

Two Boston Police officers were attacked by a group of seven people on Monday night while trying to serve an arrest warrant, according to the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.

The five juveniles and two adults have been charged with attacking the officers, a male and a female, at a Wayne Street home when they arrived to arrest one of the adults. Police said they were serving an arrest warrant for Woobenson Morisset, 19, of Roxbury.

Lorcen Morisset, 18, was the second adult among the group, according to police. The juveniles involved were four girls, ages 13 to 16, and one 17-year-old boy. A Boston Police statement says the officers were beaten and choked. Both officers were hospitalized at Brigham and Women’s following the incident, during which police released pepper spray, but have since been released.


The Boston Globe reported that Police Commissioner William Evans said Tuesday that the two officers, who were not named, were “pretty banged up’’ and that one officer was fitted with a neck brace. A spokesperson for the Boston Police Department told Boston.com that the officers are “doing better.’’

“They’re gonna be out of work for some time,’’ Evans said, according to The Globe. “It stresses the dangers of our job, every day going into situations that we never know what may happen. I’m just thankful they’re fine.’’

Lorcen Morisset spoke to reporters before his court appearance today, The Boston Globe reported, and disputed police accounts:

Instead of showing proper paperwork, Lorcen Morisset alleged, police began to beat his brother. Lorcen said he ran to get his telephone to video record the incident. “I took a video cause they was beating him up, two officers,’’ he alleged. “There is blood at the back of the house, everything.’’

Lorcen also said police took his phone. The five juveniles were arraigned this morning in Boston Juvenile Court on charges of delinquency, to wit: assault and battery on a police officer, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and resisting arrest. The 17-year-old was ordered held on $500 bail. The District Attorney’s Office says the other teens are all being held on $1 bail, only to be posted by a parent or guardian.

Lorcen was released and Woobenson was held on $500 bail. Both are being monitoring with GPS tracking devices and have been ordered to abide by a curfew while staying away from the victims.


The next scheduled court date for the Lorcen and Woobenson is March 12. The juveniles are expected in court February 12.

Jump To Comments

Get the latest breaking news sent directly to your phone. Download our free app.