Boston firefighters extinguished a quick-moving fire in a three-family Dorchester home Friday night.
Investigators said the two-alarm fire at 34 Bellevue St. was caused by a spark from some frayed wiring on a Christmas tree in the building’s second floor apartment. From there, the fire spread to the third floor and roof.
There were no reports of any injuries. About 12 residents were displaced by the fire, officials said.
Another home at 32 Bellevue St. also sustained some damage, though officials said residents there will likely be allowed to return to their homes Friday night.
House to left got surface damage. Fire building to the right. pic.twitter.com/rtrciXOjSJ— Boston Fire Dept. (@BostonFire) January 3, 2015