Local

Schools in Arlington and Milton were evacuated after officials received threats

Students in Arlington and Milton were evacuated after both districts received threats on Tuesday morning.

Officials searched Arlington High School and Tucker Elementary School in Milton, determined the buildings are safe, and allowed students back into the schools, according to police.

Arlington High School students were asked to shelter in place inside the building before evacuating to the front lawn while officials searched the building, Arlington police said in a statement. The building was cleared soon after and students returned inside, said police.

Students at Tucker Elementary School in Milton were evacuated after a phone threat indicated “an explosive device at the Tucker School,’’ according to a statement by Milton police. Students were sent to the Parkway Methodist Church.

Advertisement:

About an hour after announcing the initial threat, Milton police posted the following, “The Milton Police Department has concluded their investigation into the threat made to the Tucker School. All students are back in school and classes have resumed.’’

This isn’t the first threat to Arlington High School. The school was one of many schools in more than a dozen districts across Massachusetts that received a bomb threat last month, prompting an FBI investigation.

Jump To Comments

Conversation

This discussion has ended. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com