Local

3 students fall ill after drinking liquid nicotine

BROCKTON, Mass. (AP) — Three young Brockton students are recovering after drinking liquid nicotine on a school bus.

The Brockton Enterprise reports the unidentified girls apparently ingested a few drops of the liquid, which is used in electronic cigarettes, while the bus was driving to school Tuesday morning.

The students fell ill and emergency officials responded to Davis School, which is a K-8 school, shortly before 8:30 a.m.

The girls were taken to the hospital by their parents as a precaution and are expected to recover. Officials say one of the girls found the substance at home. It was turned over to medical personnel.

Brockton Public Schools Superintendent Kathleen Smith in a statement said there’s no danger to other students but urged parents to be vigilant and securely store away dangerous substances.

___

Information from: The (Brockton, Mass.) Enterprise, http://www.enterprisenews.com