East Boston man drowns at Breakheart Reservation, authorities say

An East Boston man who was found dead Monday morning at Breakheart Reservation is believed to have drowned while swimming in a no swimming zone, according to the Essex District Attorney’s office.

Police responded to a report of a drowning at the reservation in Saugus. Upon arriving, officers found a 35-year-old man submerged in the water near some rocks, where it appeared he had tried to exit the water, authorities said.

The man was taken to Melrose Wakefield Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the DA’s office.

Authorities said the man had been swimming with his 8-year-old son and 9-year-old nephew in an area without a lifeguard where “No Swimming” signs were posted. Neither of the boys were injured, according to the DA’s office.

Officials are continuing to investigate the death, but said no foul play is suspected.

Advertisement

Loading Comments...