Exploding vape pen lights student’s backpack on fire in Northbridge

NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — A school bus had quite the scare in Massachusetts after a student’s backpack burst into flames.

Police say the fire happened around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in Northbridge as the students were heading to Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School.

The bus driver was able to evacuate the students and use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.

Authorities traced the fire to a vape pen battery that had exploded.

No injuries were reported, and a second bus was able to transport the students to their destination.


Get the latest sports alerts sent directly to your phone. Download our free app.
Review: Apple's iPhone XR
October 23, 2018 | 2:30 PM