2-month-old sister of girl killed in Revere crash dies from injuries

Natasha Nicole Mejia-Rivera succumbed Wednesday night to injuries from the same crash that killed her older sister, Adrianna Mejia-Rivera, 5, on Sunday.

The 2-month-old girl who was critically injured in the Revere crash that claimed the life of her older sister died Wednesday night, according to authorities.

The Suffolk District Attorney’s office identified the child as Natasha Nicole Mejia-Rivera, the younger sister of 5-year-old Adrianna Mejia-Rivera, who was killed on Sunday when a car veered off Route 145 and struck the children who were waiting to cross the street with two adults and another child. The infant died in the Massachusetts General Hospital Pediatric Intensive Care Unit where she had been in critical condition since the crash.

Additional charges against the driver in the crash, Autumn Harris, 42, of Beacon Hill, are likely in the “days and weeks to come,” according to the DA’s office.


“Our priority right now is supporting a family who lost the center of their world in the blink of an eye,” District Attorney John Pappas said in a statement on Thursday.

Harris was arraigned on charges of motor vehicle homicide and negligent operation of a motor vehicle on Monday in Chelsea District Court. She was ordered held on $10,000 bail.

Authorities say Harris was driving a 2015 Chevrolet Equinox on Route 145 just before 5 p.m. Sunday when she drove off the road near North Shore Road, striking the group of five pedestrians who were waiting on the sidewalk inside the median strip to use a crosswalk.

“The resulting impact projected the victims and scattered debris throughout the grass median,” state police said.

Adrianna died at the scene, and her sister was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital with life-threatening injuries. The third child, a 2-year-old, and the two adult women were transported to the hospital for treatment of less serious injuries, as was the passenger in the vehicle with Harris.

Prosecutors say Harris told authorities after the crash that she took sleep medication the night before, only slept two hours, and then drank a beer on Sunday afternoon. She allegedly told them that she vaped CBD oil in the car and that she might have fallen asleep at the wheel.


A vigil had been planned outside City Hall in Revere on Thursday night to remember the life of Adrianna.

A GoFundMe page was started on Monday to help the family bury 5-year-old Adrianna in El Salvador, with the fundraiser organizer pleading with people to pray “for a miracle” for the younger child to recover.  As of Thursday morning, it had raised more than $27,000.

“These are the [parents’] only two children,” fundraiser organizer Evelyn Muniz wrote.