BOSTON (AP) — People can get a $100 gift card by turning in a firearm this weekend through Boston’s gun buyback program.
Guns will be collected at six locations across the city Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The “Piece for Peace” program that allows people to anonymously dispose of guns is designed to get more weapons off the street.
Residents who turn in a gun will get a $100 Target gift card.
The guns must be delivered unloaded and be in a clear plastic bag that’s then put into another container, like a gym bag or backpack. Officers will screen the gun to determine whether it’s a working firearm.
More than 600 guns have been turned in through the buyback program since 2014.
• Central Assembly of God, 50 Bennington St.
• St. Peters Church, 278 Bowdoin St.
• Garfield Development, 215-217 Garfield Ave.
• Salvation Army, 1500 Washington St.
• McCormack Housing Development, 345 Old Colony Ave.
• Greater Love Tabernacle Church, 101 Nightingale St.