MEDFORD, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman whose 9-month-old son was bitten by a 5-foot long snake that slithered into the family’s kitchen says the boy was completely unfazed by the ordeal, until his parents panicked.
Jenna Lees-Rolfe tells The Boston Globe she was preparing breakfast at her Medford home on Saturday while her son, James, played on the floor with some pots and pans.
The snake appeared from under the refrigerator and bit James in the shin.
— WBZ | CBS Boston News (@wbz) June 18, 2019
Lees-Rolfe says having grown up in Australia, she was prepared for the worst.
But after she and her husband caught the snake in a transparent container, an expert told them it was a non-venomous female milk snake common in Massachusetts.
The family has since bought snake repellant and sealed the space under the refrigerator.