- Cases: 143,927
- Patients tested: 2,580,213
- Deaths: 9,589
A few notes on the charts below, which may take a few moments to load:
- The charts begin on Jan. 31, 2020 (the day before the first case in Massachusetts was announced).
- Cases appear on the date the Massachusetts Department of Public Health announced them.
- On June 1, 2020, the department began adding probable cases to the totals.
- On June 30, 2020, the state’s coronavirus death toll dropped by 41 “due to ongoing data cleaning which identifies and removes duplicate reports.”
- Starting on Aug. 12, 2020, due to changes in state reporting, the graphs again reflect just confirmed cases and deaths, not probable as well. The graphs will also be updated weekly on Wednesdays, instead of daily, moving forward.
Get Boston.com's e-mail alerts:
Sign up and receive coronavirus news and breaking updates, from our newsroom to your inbox.
This discussion has ended. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com