Local

Man who tried to kidnap student from Roxbury elementary school held without bail

Charles Marriro, 58, is charged with kidnapping a child and with assault, prosecutors said. He is due back in court to face a dangerousness hearing Dec. 29.


A Dorchester man who attempted to kidnap a child from a public Roxbury elementary school while students were at recess last week was ordered held without bail at his arraignment Friday in the Roxbury division of Boston Municipal Court, prosecutors said.

Charles Marriro, 58, allegedly approached three students at the David A. Ellis Elementary School on Dec. 15 and grabbed one by the arm in an attempt to pull the child away from their classmates, Suffolk District Attorney Rachael Rollins said in a statement. Marriro asked another student to “come play basketball with him,” the statement said.

He is charged with kidnapping a child and with assault, prosecutors said. He is due back in court to face a dangerousness hearing Dec. 29.

Advertisement:

Read more at BostonGlobe.com.

Conversation

This discussion has ended. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com