Another US worker confirmed hurt by mystery Cuba incidents

FILE - In this Oct. 3, 2017, file photo, tourists ride a classic convertible car on the Malecon beside the United States Embassy in Havana, Cuba. Medical tests have confirmed that one additional U.S. Embassy worker has been affected by mysterious health incidents in Cuba, bringing the total number to 25. That's according to an unclassified notice sent to congressional officials by the State Department. (AP Photo/Desmond Boylan, File) –The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Medical tests have confirmed that one additional U.S. Embassy worker has been affected by mysterious health incidents in Cuba, the State Department said, bringing the total number to 25.

The new “medically confirmed” worker is one of two who were recently evacuated from Cuba after reporting symptoms. State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the other worker is “still being evaluated” by doctors. Prior to the newest incident, the most recent medically confirmed case from Cuba had been in August 2017, Nauert said.

The confirmed Cuba patients have been found to have a range of symptoms and diagnoses including mild traumatic brain injury, also known as concussions.