Cleaning efforts have increased at Logan International Airport in an effort to keep passengers safe from coronavirus, according to a Massport statement.
Massport says it has contracted more cleaning professionals to disinfect “high traffic touch points” at the airport, restrooms are being cleaned on an hourly basis, hand sanitizers have been added, and more.
“Massport is working in coordination with the CDC, our airline partners, building cleaning contractors, and local public health and emergency response organizations, and other stakeholders to keep travel safe for our passengers,” wrote Massport in the statement.
Here are the measures being taken, according to Massport:
- Additional cleaning professionals have been contracted to disinfect “high traffic touch points” throughout the terminals, walkways, and garage facilities, including the ride-app areas. The touch points include handrails, door handles, elevator call buttons, escalator handrails, hold-room seating, baby changing areas, and kid-port equipment.
- Restrooms are being disinfected on an hourly basis and “deep cleanings” are taking place each night. Signs that say “Wash hands, cover cough or sneeze and limit contact with others if ill” have been added to promote healthy habits.
- Additional hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the airport. About 140 dispensers are being monitored and refilled regularly.
- Cleaning has increased at Terminal E, the airport’s international terminal. Primary customs and border protection counters and inspection stations are disinfected every four hours and loading bridge touch points, including control stations and handrails, are disinfected after each flight.
- Cleaning teams have increased the use of Oxivir bactericidal-virucidal wipes in the terminals since last month and continue to clean with GenEon disinfectant. Both solutions, according to Massport, disinfect within one minute of application.
Furthermore, all Massport buses are cleaned each night with disinfectant, according to Massport. Drivers have been provided with gloves, according to Massport, and have been instructed to wipe down high-touch areas such as seats, grab bars, and luggage racks. Logan Express stations all offer hand sanitizer dispensers.
“We continually stay up-to-date with CDC guidelines and public health guidance regarding new process / solutions for promoting clean, disinfected touch points,” wrote Massport.