‘Who’s on First’ owner wants to reopen the bar under a different name

Dina Rudick / The Boston Globe

The owner of the now-closed Fenway bar ‘Who’s on First’ has filed a petition to reopen a bar in the same space under a different name, The Boston Globe reports.

The Red Sox, who hold the lease for the space, would have to approve the bar owner Robert Paratore’s plans to open ‘The Bullpen,’ according to the Globe.

‘Who’s on First’ closed last year after a gunfight at the bar killed a 29-year-old train conductor and injured three others.

Community members who pushed for the closure of ‘Who’s on First’ told the Globe they were concerned about the owner’s plan to reopen a new establishment.

“Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior,’’ Lauren Dewey Platt, president of the Fenway Community Center’s Board of Directors, told the Globe. “He has shown us in his past behavior how he operates. This is not what the neighborhood was expecting.’’

The city’s licensing board will hear the name change request on March 9, according to the Globe. The board previously moved to suspend the liquor license for ‘Who’s on First’ three times because of violent incidents.

Read the full Globe report here.

Jump To Comments

Conversation

This discussion has ended. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com