While the status of college football in the fall remains undecided, Boston College received some good news on Tuesday when former Ohio State H-Back Jaelen Gill announced he was transferring to Chestnut Hill.
Former Ohio State assistant coach Jeff Hafley, now the head coach of Boston College, is already helping to improve the team’s roster.
Bruce Cassidy on the possible NHL season resumption: News about the possibility of the NHL resuming its season has been vague since games were first postponed in March. With June approaching, teams and fans are still wondering if the 2019-2020 season will be completed.
“Well, I’m going to be honest,” said Cassidy. “There’s not a whole lot out there, because I think everyone’s still — there’s a lot of uncertainty, there’s a lot of unknowns.”
Regarding the format of a possible Stanley Cup playoffs, Cassidy was straightforward. He doesn’t want an expanded number of playoff teams.
“From our position, I’d rather just 16 [teams],” said Cassidy. “And again, this is just me you’re talking [to], I don’t have a say in all this, but I’d rather it just be 16 teams. Four rounds, four out of seven, let’s go. That’s the integrity of the playoffs, it’s always been that way.”
“I don’t think any scenario’s going to be perfectly fair,” Cassidy admitted. “I understand that.”
Trivia: What two current Red Sox players were selected in the first round of the 2011 MLB draft?
(Answer at the bottom).
Hint: One outfielder, one relief pitcher.
More from Boston.com:
- Boston College football lands explosive Ohio State transfer Jaelen Gill
- Former WWE wrestler Shad Gaspard missing in ocean off California
- Ranking the top 20 Boston sports performances of the 2000s
- Tom Brady was spotted working out with teammates in Tampa, wearing a Buccaneers helmet
- Women’s football team mourns loss of player who drowned with 5-year-old in Carl Crawford’s pool
- NFL’s top medical officer: ‘We fully well expect that we will have positive cases’
- NFL is testing face masks that contain surgical or N95 material
- NFL teams can reopen training facilities with government OK
- Jonathan Jones on virtual meetings and what he’s learned from Bill Belichick
- 6 lingering questions about ESPN’s ‘The Last Dance’
- Lawyer Milloy admitted he was ‘disgusted’ with his Patriots release in 2003
Tom Brady’s new center is already learning the nuances:
— Ryan Jensen (@sinjen66) May 20, 2020
The Revolution’s official FIFA player, John Oliveira, held a skills tutorial:
On this day: In 1994, Scottie Pippen dunked on (and walked over) Patrick Ewing. The Bulls would go on to win Game 6, but the Knicks would win the series.
Something more: Paul Pierce tried to debate that LeBron James is not among the top five greatest NBA players of all-time.
Trivia answer: Jackie Bradley Jr, Matt Barnes.