The Celtics may want to play the name game — and perhaps a few icebreakers — before the start of the 2017-2018 season.
As Boston Globe reporter Adam Himmelsbach pointed out, only four players remain from the team’s Eastern Conference finals team three months ago, and 11 are now gone after Tuesday night’s blockbuster deal.
The latest trade sent Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and the Nets’ 2018 first-round pick to the Cavaliers for Kyrie Irving.
Here’s where the other 11 went (Zizic wasn’t on the roster):
- Isaiah Thomas and Jae Crowder: Traded to the Cavaliers.
- Avery Bradley: Traded to the Pistons.
- Gerald Green: Free agent.
- Jonas Jerebko: Signed with the Jazz.
- Amir Johnson: Signed with the 76ers.
- Jordan Mickey: Signed with the Heat.
- Kelly Olynyk: Signed with the Heat.
- James Young: Free agent.
- Tyler Zeller: Free agent.
- Demetrius Jackson: Signed a two-way contract with the Rockets.