Trying to get a front-row view of the 2017 Boston Marathon?
You should make sure to get there early, but just how early you arrive will depend on which runners you want to see in action.
The start times for this year’s marathon participants fall between 8:50 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Monday, April 17. During this time, about 30,000 runners will take off at the Hopkinton starting point and begin their 26.2 mile journey to the finish line on Boylston Street.
Here are the 2017 Boston Marathon start times:
- Mobility Impaired: 8:50 a.m.
- Men’s Push-Rim Wheelchair: 9:17 a.m.
- Women’s Push-Rim Wheelchair: 9:19 a.m.
- Handcycles and Duos: 9:22 a.m.
- Elite Women: 9:32 a.m.
- Elite Men and Wave One: 10:00 a.m.
- Wave Two: 10:25 a.m.
- Wave Three: 10:50 a.m.
- Wave Four: 11:15 a.m.