More than 30,000 Boston Marathon runners will take off from Hopkinton on Monday, April 15 — but not all at once. Runners leave the starting line in waves to make space on the course, with the first batch of racers departing at 9:02 a.m. and the final wave beginning at 11:15 a.m.
If you’re cheering for a particular person or group, you’ll want to know when they are toeing the line.
Here are the 2019 Boston Marathon start times*:
- Men’s Push Rim Wheelchair: 9:02 a.m.
- Women’s Push Rim Wheelchair: 9:04 a.m.
- Handcycles and Duos: 9:25 a.m.
- Elite Women: 9:32 a.m.
- Elite Men and Wave One: 10 a.m.
- Wave Two: 10:25 a.m.
- Wave Three: 10:50 a.m.
- Wave Four: Immediately after Wave Three runners are through the start line.
*Start times are tentative and subject to change.