TORONTO — Good morning from the Air Canada Centre, where the Bruins will face off against the Maple Leafs tonight at 7:30 p.m. Some tidbits from the pre-game notes:
* Tonight will be Claude Julien’s 100th game as Boston coach. At this rate, looks like there might be a few hundred more in his future.
* The Bruins will be aiming to put the Leafs a man down throughout the night. Toronto has the league’s worst penalty kill, checking in with a 72.2 efficiency rate. The Leafs, however, have the fourth-best power play in the NHL (22.7 percent).
* Mike Van Ryn will not face the threat of being deposited into the ACC stands by Milan Lucic, as the defenseman is on injured reserve. Van Ryn suffered a concussion, among other injuries, last week.
* Youngster Luke Schenn (21:07 TOI per game) trails only Tomas Kaberle (25:00) in ice time. No wonder he’ll be pushing guys like Drew Doughty for the Calder Trophy.
* Hard to believe the Leafs are 7-7-4 with the numbers Vesa Toskala (.878 save percentage) and Curtis Joseph (.873) are putting up.
* Tonight’s game will air on Versus instead of NESN.
* Don VanMassenhoven and Brian Pochmara will be the referees. Brad Lazarowich and Brian Murphy will be the linesmen.