All done at the Garden. Bruins, 6-0.
10:48 (3). Still no sign of Marc Savard or Milan Lucic in the third.
20:00 (2). After 40 minutes, Bruins with a 5-0 lead. Chuck Kobasew closes out the scoring with a PPG with 15.6 ticks remaining in the second.
* Based on the ruling on Mike Brown (instigating, fighting, 10-minute misconduct), Milan Lucic had a reason to be upset with the Duck’s early right to start their fight. The replay showed that Lucic might not have finished shedding his gloves before Brown got in his first pop. That shot prompted Lucic to continue punching Brown when he hit the deck — usually considered a no-no between fighters.
* Anaheim isn’t going to get far with the kind of leaky goaltending that Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Jonas Hiller have turned in.
* Kerry Fraser talked with George Parros after Kobasew’s goal. The refs are clearly hoping to avoid additional fireworks in the third period.
* Monster first shift to open the second by Matt Hunwick, who recorded three blocked shots on Teemu Selanne.
18:01 (2). Bruins, 4-0. Tim Thomas starts the goal-scoring rush with a long-distance pass to Michael Ryder. Puck appears to go in off Phil Kessel’s left leg.
15:33 (2). Marc Savard vs. Scott Niedermayer. Both got the gloves off but couldn’t engage. Roughing minors for both.
14:49 (2). Big-time flareup between Milan Lucic and Mike Brown. Brown lands a straight right to start, goes down, then gets tagged by a round of bombs. Lucic points at Brown and yells something nasty as the two sit in the box.
8:30 (2). Marc Savard is back on the bench.
8:20 (2). Shawn Thornton vs. George Parros after the Anaheim tough guy runs over Marc Savard. Long fight between the ex-teammates. Savard off to the room.
3:43 (2). Bruins, 3-0. Chuck Kobasew wrists one through. Jean-Sebastien Giguere gets the hook
1:59 (2). Bruins, 2-0. Michael Ryder takes a dish from David Krejci and whistles one in.
20:00 (1). After one period, Bruins with a 1-0 lead.
* Michael Ryder showed how strong he is on his skates on Matt Hunwick’s goal. Ryder muscled off a check and wheeled a backhand pass into the slot that Blake Wheeler couldn’t handle, but Hunwick jumped up and banged it home.
* Sharp first period from Tim Thomas (10 saves). At the end of the first, Thomas was in position to stop Brendan Morrison’s rebound attempt.
17:54 (1). Bruins, 1-0. Matt Hunwick jumps up and puts a shot past Jean-Sebastien Giguere.
10:20 (1). Tim Thomas keeps Todd Marchant from scoring a shortie. Started with Marc Savard not shooting at the other end.
6:24 (1). Blake Wheeler looks OK after blocking a Chris Pronger shot. Didn’t miss a shift.
0:00 (1). New Duck Ryan Whitney is in the starting lineup.