All done in St. Paul. Bruins in the shootout, 2-1. Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci with the goals.
End of overtime
After 65 minutes, tied at 1-1. Tons of PP chances for Minnesota at the end of OT.
End of regulation
After 60 minutes, tied at 1-1. Mark Recchi just misses at the end of regulation.
15:00 (3). Milan Lucic goes down awkwardly. Lucic is favoring his left leg.
8:41 (3). Tuukka Rask flashes the glove again to foil Cal Clutterbuck from the high slot.
After 40 minutes, tied at 1-1. Bruins with only five shots in the second for seven total through two periods.
* Wild are doing an outstanding job in their own zone of limiting the Bruins’ chances. They’re funneling the Bruins to the outside and not letting anything get into the middle of the ice. The Wild are also blocking lots of shots.
* Cal Clutterbuck has been in the middle of the action. The feisty forward doesn’t mind getting his nose dirty.
* Niklas Backstrom has probably burned about eight calories so far.
18:31 (2). Big-time stop by Tuukka Rask on Cal Clutterbuck in the slot.
10:23 (2). Tied, 1-1. Andrew Ebbett with the PPG. Owen Nolan walks it off the left-side wall and throws it in front. Ebbett tips it past Tuukka Rask.
4:43 (2). Flashy glove save by Tuukka Rask on John Scott’s point blast.
2:14 (2). Niklas Backstrom stones Michael Ryder on the doorstep with a PP chance.
After 20 minutes, Bruins with a 1-0 lead. Only two shots on goal for the Bruins in the first period.
* Good job by Cal Clutterbuck to get under Derek Morris’s skin. In the final minute, Clutterbuck launched himself at Morris. In retaliation, Morris hooked his arm around Clutterbuck and tossed him to the ice. Morris was called for holding.
* Perfect set play by the Bruins on their goal. Marc Savard beats Mikko Koivu on the draw with the forehand. The puck glances off the right-side boards for Morris, who waits until Byron Bitz goes to the slot. Textbook tip by Bitz.
17:00 (1). Sparkling backdoor chance on the PP by Shane Hnidy.
15:00 (1). Tuukka Rask misplays the puck behind the net, leaving his crease wide open. Wild can’t settle the puck.
13:31 (1). Good scoring chance for Derek Boogaard in front. Tuukka Rask drops into the butterfly and turns aside the tough guy.
9:05 (1). Nice backcheck by Blake Wheeler to strip Eric Belanger. Wheeler goes the other way and sets up Michael Ryder for a scoring chance.
6:50 (1). Bruins, 1-0. Marc Savard wins the draw back to Derek Morris, and Byron Bitz tips the defenseman’s point shot past Niklas Backstrom.
5:00 (1). Heck of a shift by the Bergeron line. Good cycling down low and timely pinches by Dennis Wideman to keep the cycle going.
0:43 (1). Derek Morris throws a post-whistle elbow at Cal Clutterbuck. No penalty.
0:00 (1). Big ovation for AL MVP Joe Mauer, who drops the first puck. Nice touch by Bruins to send out local boy and Twins diehard Blake Wheeler.
0:00 (1). Chuck Kobasew and Shane Hnidy will be in the starting lineup to face their old club.
Vladimir Sobotka and Johnny Boychuk are the healthy scratches.