Despite dropping the first game of the series, Mark Recchi, who scored the Bruins’ only goal, liked what he saw from his teammates.
“We have to stay positive right now and look at the many good things we did,” said Recchi. “The only bad thing is we didn’t get the result. But if we play like that, we’ll get the results we’re looking for.”
* When asked whether Patrick Kaleta got under Zdeno Chara’s skin to draw a first-period boarding penalty, Claude Julien dismissed that notion. “I don’t think he’s going to be wasting his time with somebody who just sees a little bit of ice,” said Julien.
* Julien said Craig Ramsay (flu) is feeling better and is expected back at work tomorrow for the off-day practice.
* Chara was mistakenly released early from the penalty box in the first period. Chara was called for boarding and roughing, but stepped out after only two minutes because of a mistake by the official inside the box. “To me?” Chara replied when asked if it was an embarrassing moment. “No. They should be embarrassed.”
* Tuukka Rask said he saw Craig Rivet’s windup, but didn’t see the puck coming off his blade.
* Andrew Ference said he felt fine during the game and didn’t report any setbacks immediately afterward.