Nathan Horton completed his first informal practice alongside his Bruins teammates. Horton hasn’t played since Jan. 22, 2012, when he suffered a season-ending concussion against Philadelphia.
Horton said he has not had any post-concussion syndrome symptoms during the lockout.
“I feel great,” Horton said. “I’ve had a lot of time to work out and get back to normal. Obviously it’s been tough for everyone this year. It’s not the way anybody wanted it to be. But I feel great. Better than I have in a long time.”
Horton tried to make a comeback for the playoffs last year. But the team shut Horton down for the rest of the run.
During the summer and the lockout, Horton skated and worked out near his Fort Lauderdale, Fla., home base. Horton said he would have been ready for the start of 2012-13 had the lockout not taken place.
“It’s a tough thing to go through,” Horton said of his concussion. “But I’m looking forward now. It’s in the past. I’m looking forward to being around the guys and having some fun.”