The Maine Red Claws, the first-year National Basketball Developmental League affiliate of the Celtics, began stocking its roster this afternoon (along with the Springfield Armor) during the league’s expansion draft.
Among the 10 players chosen by the Red Claws was a familiar name: Kedrick Brown, who was chosen 11th overall by the Celtics in the 2001 NBA Draft, was the team’s sixth selection.
Brown, who is only 27 years old, averaged 3.6 points per game in four NBA seasons with Boston, Philadelphia, and Cleveland. He averaged 17.6 points per game for the now-disbanded Anaheim Arsenal last season.
(The Red Claws, who also are affiliated with the Charlotte Bobcats, and the Armor, picked from a pool of 25 players whose rights were held by Anaheim and Colorado, which also folded.)
Red Claws selections
1. James White, G, Cincinnati
2. Trey Gilder, F, Northwestern State
3. Billy Thomas, G, Kansas
4. Noel Felix, F, Fresno State
5. John Lucas, G, Oklahoma State
6. Kedrick Brown, G/F, Okalossa Walton CC
7. Dominique Coleman, G, Colorado
8. Joe Dabber, F/C, Creighton
9. Josh Davis, F, Wisconsin
10. Andre Patterson, F,Tennessee
1. Marcus Campbell, C, Mississippi St.
2. James Mays, F, Clemson
3. Eddie Gill, G, Weber St.
4. Kentrell Gransbury, C, So. Florida
5. Cedrick Bozeman, F, UCLA
6. Jamar Brown, F, CSU Pueblo
7. Malick Badiane, F, Senegal
8. Marcus Taylor, G, Michigan St.
9. Cameron Bennerman, G, North Carolina St.
10. Kirk Walters, C, Arizona