BROOKLYN — Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the Barclays Center as the Celtics try to notch a Christmas win over the Nets in what has turned into a critical game. The Celtics have already lost to Brooklyn twice, once here at Barclays on Nov. 15 (102-97) and again on Nov. 28 at the TD Garden (95-83) in that infamous Rajon Rondo-Kris Humphries fight game. Humphries will not play today because of a lower abdominal strain.
BOSTON CELTICS (13-13)
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Jason Terry
SF Paul Pierce
PF Kevin Garnett
C Jason Collins
BROOKLYN NETS (14-12)
PG Deron Williams
SG Joe Johnson
SF Keith Bogans
PF Gerald Wallace
C Brook Lopez
Officials: Mike Callahan, Leroy Richardson, Zach Zarba
TV/Radio: Noon, ESPN / WEEI
• In a surprising development, the Celtics left Avery Bradley back in Boston to work out for another week with the team’s strength and conditioning coach Brian Doo before an expected Jan. 2 return. Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he did not want to rush Bradley back from double shoulder surgery and the team likely won’t practice on this road trip.
• Chris Wilcox (right thumb) and Leandro Barbosa (personal matter) are also not with the team today. Barbosa is expected to join team in Los Angeles.
• Humphries may not have played anyway and has fallen out of coach Avery Johnson’s rotation.
• Newcomer Jarvis Varnado is with the team and will wear jersey No. 52. Varnado has not appeared in an NBA game
• The Celtics have averaged just 90 points against the Nets this season with Paul Pierce leading the club with 18 points per game.
• The Celtics will wear their green on green Christmas Day uniforms for the first time with the traditional green jerseys, green numerals and white trim. It’s a clean look.