OAKLAND, Calif. — The Celtics were going to be hard pressed to beat Golden State with their current roster but now they will have to go at it without Rajon Rondo, who will miss the game with a left hip injury sustained Thursday against the Clippers. The Warriors are having their best season in 30 years and will be looking to end their year with another win, Courtney Lee will start for the Celtics at point guard.
BOSTON CELTICS (14-14)
PG Courtney Lee
SG Jason Terry
SF Paul Pierce
PF Kevin Garnett
C Jason Collins
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (20-10)
PG Stephen Curry
SG Klay Thompson
SF Harrison Barnes
PF David Lee
C Festus Ezeli
Officials: Danny Crawford, Haywoode Workman, Gary Zielinski
TV/Radio: 10:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet / WEEI
• Leandro Barbosa is out for the fourth straight game with a personal matter but he is expected to join the team Sunday in Sacramento.
• Paul Pierce received three stitches in the mouth after his collision with the Clippers’ Chris Paul on Thursday but he said it was nothing but a “fat lip.”
• Doc Rivers said he has been impressed with the production of starting center Jason Collins despite his lack of statistics.
• After 23 blocked shots in his previous two games, Maine’s Fab Melo registered two blocks in Friday’s win over Sioux Falls.
• The Warriors are No. 1 in the league in defensive rebounds, sixth in 3-point percentage and ninth in field goal percentage.
• The Celtics will wear their green on black alternate uniforms.