ATLANTA — The Celtics are in the “ATL”, trying to gain a second consecutive win after Friday’s impressive 94-75 victory over the Indiana Pacers that snapped a four-game losing streak. The Hawks are a tough club despite losing two starters from last season after that big trade with the Brooklyn Nets. Josh Smith is the player to watch. He is averaging 17 points, 8.1 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
BOSTON CELTICS (15-17)
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Avery Bradley
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
ATLANTA HAWKS (20-11)
PG Jeff Teague
SG Lou Williams
SF Kyle Korver
PF Josh Smith
C Al Horford
Officials: Rodney Mott, Eli Roe, Scott Wall
TV/Radio: 7 p.m. Comcast SportsNet / WEEI
• Chris Wilcox made the trip with the Celtics and was working out running sprints before the game but is still weeks away with a strained ulnar collateral ligament in his thumb.
• The Hawks’ point guard Devin Harris (sore left foot) and swingman Anthony Morrow (right hip strain) are doubtful. Center Johan Petro (flu) is questionable.
• Avery Bradley is 5-for-17 shooting since his return to the lineup after missing seven months, He has scored 10 total points with one assist.
• The Celtics are last in the league in offensive rebounds and last in the league in total rebounds. Atlanta is seventh in the league in points allowed.
• The Hawks, one of the league’s most surprising teams, have the third-best record in the NBA. They were dealt a tough 85-84 loss to the Detroit Pistons on Friday, despite holding the Pistons to 11 fourth-quarter points.
• The Celtics will wear their home white uniforms while the Hawks will wear red.