NEW YORK — The Celtics are riding a two-game winning streak but No. 3 will have to come without Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for the second time this season, this time for bumping official Rodney Mott in the third quarter of the Celtics’ 89-81 win over the Atlanta Hawks. Rondo will miss one game and is expected to return Wednesday against the Phoenix Suns. Jason Terry will start at shooting guard and Avery Bradley will move over to point.
BOSTON CELTICS (16-17)
PG Avery Bradley
SG Jason Terry
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
NEW YORK KNICKS (23-10)
PG Jason Kidd
SG Ronnie Brewer
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Marcus Camby
C Tyson Chandler
Officials: Tony Brothers, Dick Bavetta, Violet Palmer
TV/Radio: 7:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet / WEEI
• Doc Rivers said the waiving of second-round pick Kris Joseph before his contract was guaranteed was a matter of salary cap issues more than anything else. He said he hopes Joseph can re-sign with the club.
• Knicks guard Iman Shumpert is close to returning from a torn ACL and he may be back by Jan. 21.
• Avery Bradley is 8-for-26 shooting since his return to the lineup after missing seven months. He has scored 16 total points with two assists.
• The Knicks are sixth in the league in scoring, fourth in 3-point percentage and No. 1 in committing the fewest turnovers.
• New York has won two straight games — San Antonio, Orlando — after two straight losses — Sacramento, Portland. Carmelo Anthony has led the team in scoring in 25 of 33 games.
• The Celtics will wear their conventional green road uniforms.