The Celtics return home for the first of a five-game homestand tonight against the struggling Suns. The Celtics have won three consecutive games, holding opponents to 37.5 percent shooting and 84 points. Rajon Rondo, who was suspended for the 102-96 win over the New York Knicks on Monday, is back in the lineup as the Celtics try to forge above .500.
BOSTON CELTICS (17-17)
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Avery Bradley
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
PHOENIX SUNS (12-24)
PG Goran Dragic
SG Jared Dudley
SF P.J. Tucker
PF Luis Scola
C Marcin Gortat
Officials: David Guthrie, Jason Phillips, Josh Tiven
TV/Radio: 7:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet / WEEI
• Rondo maintains that he didn’t do anything wrong in bumping official Rodney Mott on Saturday against the Atlanta Hawks. He acknowledges that he has a reputation with the league that needs to improve.
• Jason Collins has been limited by a sore hamstring and Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he was going to try to limit his minutes. He did not play Monday against the New York Knicks.
• Avery Bradley is 14-for-37 shooting since his return to the lineup after missing seven months. He is averaging 7.3 points and 1.6 assists.
• The Suns have lost nine of 10 games, only beating Philadelphia at home in that span. They lost 108-99 at Milwaukee on Tuesday.
• Former Celtic Jermaine O’Neal has averaged 7.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in his past 25 games. O’Neal has played in 28 games, more than he did with the Celtics during the lockout season in 2011-12.
• The Suns will wear their bright orange uniforms with “PHX” on the front.