AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Welcome to Auburn Hills for the big game, and if you happened to be watching something else (Patriots) during this time (What are the chances of that, huh?) feel free to follow this game through our blog. As of now, Avery Bradley worked out before the game but Doc Rivers said he was doubtful to play. The Celtics were pounded here 103-83 on Nov. 18 and also lost twice last season to the Pistons.
BOSTON CELTICS (21-20)
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Leandro Barbosa
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
DETROIT PISTONS (14-25)
PG Brandon Knight
SG Kyle Singler
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Jason Maxiell
C Greg Monroe
Officials: Monty McCutcheon, Karl Lane, Gary Zielinski
TV/Radio: 7:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet / WEEI
• Chris Wilcox said he is ready to play after dressing the past two games. But coach Doc Rivers said Wilcox has to play his way back into the rotation as he lost his backup center role to Jason Collins.
• Leandro Barbosa said he has not requested a trade and is happy playing with the Celtics, although he would like more playing time.
• Paul Pierce is 27-for-73 shooting (36.9 percent) in the past five games but he said he is not concerned about his slump. But he added that he needs to be more aggressive with the ball and get to the free throw line.
• The Pistons have lost two straight, including a rather drab 102-87 loss to the New York Knicks in London. Will Bynum led Detroit with 22 points in that contest.
• Rookie Andre Drummond has become a solid presence off the bench. He is averaging 8.5 points, 8.7 rebounds and 66 percent shooting in six January games. Drummond, 19, is averaging nearly 20 minutes per game.