NEW ORLEANS — After a difficult home loss to the Miami Heat, the Celtics start a three-game road trip with a tricky game against the Hornets, who won the first meeting in Boston. This time, there will be no father-son reunion as Austin Rivers is out with a broken hand and the Hornets have been struggling of late. Still, this is a tricky game that the Celtics need to win. The good news for the Celtics is Kevin Garnett is back after missing the past two games with a strained adductor muscle.
BOSTON CELTICS (35-30)
PG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
NEW ORLEANS HORNETS (22-46)
PG Greivis Vasquez
SG Eric Gordon
SF Al-Farouq Aminu
PF Anthony Davis
C Robin Lopez
Officials: Joey Crawford, Sean Corbin, Kevin Scott
TV, radio: 8 p.m., Comcast SportsNet, WEEI (93.7 FM).
• Anthony Davis is battling a stomach flu and is questionable for tonight. He has posted double-doubles in his past two games.
• Rivers took his father Doc out to dinner and paid the bill for the first time according to Doc. Hornets coach Monty Williams said Rivers was playing his best ball of the season when he was injured.
• Kevin Garnett said he was close to playing Monday against the Miami Heat and shaved his usual beard, looking rather clean shaven.
• Jason Terry called being dunked on by LeBron James on Monday a “basketball play” and said he enjoyed making the technical free throw.
• The Celtics will have DJ White and Shavlik Randolph for the rest of the season as Doc Rivers said he wants to maintain continuity and wanted to avoid any more roster changes.