DALLAS — The Celtics will try to bounce back from their disheartening defeat at the hands of the New Orleans Hornets with a difficult game against the Mavericks, who still have hopes of grabbing that final playoff spot in the Western Conference. It will be an emotional night for Celtics guard Jason Terry, who played eight seasons with the Mavericks and helped them to the 2011 NBA title with a win over the Miami Heat.
BOSTON CELTICS (36-31)
PG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
DALLAS MAVERICKS (32-36)
PG Mike James
SG O.J. Mayo
SF Shawn Marion
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Chris Kaman
Officials: Ed Malloy, Bennie Adams, Leroy Richardson
TV, radio: 8:30 p.m., Comcast SportsNet, WEEI (93.7 FM).
• Shawn Marion has missed the past eight games with a strained left calf but said he is ready to go tonight against the Celtics.
• Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Kevin Garnett will play tonight after playing nearly 30 minutes in the loss to New Orleans. He missed the previous two games with the flu and a strained left adductor.
• Rivers said he team doesn’t have a long memory and he is not thinking about the difficulty of the upcoming schedule, which includes games at Memphis on Saturday and the New York Knicks at home Tuesday.
• Jason Terry told the media this morning that he was still bothered by not being re-signed by the Mavericks and believed Dallas could have made another title run with a couple of more pieces.
• Paul Pierce said Dirk Nowitzki could probably play until he’s 40 because of his length and style of play. The two were in the same draft in 1998.