OK, listen, we need your help.
Boston.com is sponsoring a party for the readers of Extra Bases and our popular Love Letters blog written by Meredith Goldstein.
It’ll be June 4 at Game On! at Fenway Park
Meredith has, like, a gazillion readers. She gets more hits than Wikipedia. I need people to talk about baseball to at this shindig. So here are the details:
* The event starts at 6 p.m.
* We’ll provide free appetizers for an hour.
* Admission is free and there will be a cash bar (although there are rumors of an open bar for a while).
* The Red Sox-Orioles game in Baltimore starts at 7 p.m. and there will be trivia contests between innings. Fabulous prizes will be awarded.
* We will also have access to the visiting team batting cages at Fenway Park. So you can go in there and take a few hacks.
* Meredith and I will be there to talk about what we do and answer any questions you have. Assorted other Globe folks will be on hand.
* It’ll be fun.
Here’s hoping you’ll show up, hang out with your fellow Boston.com readers and spend an enjoyable night.
If you’re a regular on this blog, or even just a lurker, please stop by and say hello and let’s watch some baseball. How bad can that be?
RSVP to [email protected].
Hope to see you there. Odds are good that if you come up, say hello and tell me you read Extra Bases, I’ll buy you a beer. Unless you’re one of the mooching sports desk guys.