Small fire at Fenway Park is contained

fenwayfire.jpg

There was a small fire at Fenway Park today. Here’s some information from the Boston Fire Department:

The call came in at 11:26 a.m. for a fire on the second floor of the administrative office area in a mail room. The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit near a wall-mounted light fixture. Damage was estimated at $100,000.

Archival photos were stored in area of fire and Red Sox staff members are assessing the damage.

(Photo from Boston Fire Department Twitter feed)

Advertisement

Loading Comments...

Close
Download our app