Before Sunday, the Patriots had been a virtual lock at home in the playoffs. That all changed with a 33-14 loss to the Ravens in the wild-card round of ther AFC playoffs.
Here’s a look at some notable numbers and streaks related to Sunday’s loss:
- The Patriots haven’t gone one-and-out in the playoffs since the 1998 season, when they lost 25-10 to Jacksonville in a wild-card game in early January of 1999.
- Sunday’s loss was the Patriots’ first at home this season. It was also the first playoff loss for the Patriots at Gillette Stadium, and the Patriots lost a home playoff game for only the second time in their history. They are 11-2 in home playoff games.
- The Patriots’ last home playoff loss was Dec. 31, 1978 – 31-14 to the Houston Oilers at Schaefer Stadium.
- The Patriots dropped to 4-3 in wild-card round playoff games.
- It was the Patriots’ first loss to the Ravens. They are 5-1 against Baltimore since the current franchise was founded following the Browns’ move from Cleveland in 1996.